But it sure sounds like fun
The 401-Keg plan
1. If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.
2. With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.
3. With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.
4. If you had purchased $1000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left.
5. But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling, you would have $214.00.
So, based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.
And because I had a free moment, I did the math with the current market price of aluminum, and the actual return would be closer to $175.
So, you decide: Is $1000 of Keystone Light three times as good as Delta Airlines?